Technology on the
Since their beginnings the Gletscherbahnen Kaprun have become a synonym for pioneering spirit, visionary thinking and essentially the bravery to put an idea into reality. An idea, which at that time was nearly inconceivable: The development of the first glacier skiing terrain in Austria in 1965.
The subsequent years saw many more pioneering efforts & unique undertakings. In the areas of ecology and environment extraordinary measures were set in place and cable cars and lifts were continuously updated and modernised. The opening up of the glacier progressed steadily.
Pioneering efforts an unique undertakings
- Tallest cable car support worldwide - 113.6 m
- First double glacier lifts built swimming in the glacier
- Participation in the development and first application of self-service lift bars for drag lifts.
- Electricity supply reaching 3,029 m via free-hanging high voltage cables.
- 1982 first live camera for panoramic view
- Panorama cable car - 8-seater cabin, suitable for goods transport up to 4.5 t