Freedom at 3.000 metres
Experience for all your senses
The Kitzsteinhorn summit station at 3.029 metres is not only the highest point in the Salzbourg region, comfortably accessible by cable car, it is also a real highlight of Alpine experience. The Gipfelwelt 3000 enables to feel and experience the fascination, energy and uplifting atmosphere of the High Alpine region with all your senses:
- Nationalpark Gallery - 6 interessting info stations located inside the mountain and an impressive panorama-platform
- Cinema 3000 - limitless panorama pictures and the impressions of nature
- Panorama-platforms - Salzburg's highest panorama-platforms
- ICE ARENA - open again in summer 2014
- The fascination of the Gipfelwelt 3000 - free guided tour with a National Park Ranger from 26.12.2013
- Summit-restaurant - culinary enjoyment 3000 m above sea level
* Due to inspection work, the Gipfelbahn and Gipfelwelt 3000 is closed from 5th - 16th May 2014. Ascent for hikers only possible to the Alpincenter on 2.450 m.
The Greatest Film Experience
Dynamic deep snow turns and striking rock formations, gorgeous butterflies and impressive freestyle tricks, glorious alpine flowers and ice sculptures in the dead of Winter – „THE GLACIER“ – an alpine legend“, is a powerful 10 minute award-winning image film about the Kitzsteinhorn. Enjoy the short 3 minute version of the film or switch to the full version now and experience the amazing interplay between man and nature.