A paradise for mountain bikers, freeriders, uphillers and E-bikers
Up or down? By muscle power, cable car or pedal power support? With adrenaline kick, flow or speed? It doesn't matter, because mountain bikers will find perfectly tailored trails and routes in all variations on the Kitzsteinhorn and Maiskogel in Zell am See-Kaprun.
Physically strong uphillers like to pedal powerfully on the routes uphill to the Maiskogel or Kitzsteinhorn, e-bikers make efficient use of their battery power and a cable car ride is even more leisurely and shortens the ascent for yourself and your bike. So, all roads lead to the top - to the Maiskogel or the Kitzsteinhorn. Three freeride trails on the Kitzsteinhorn and the Maiskogel-Trail ensure downhill fun full of variety for enduro bikers. The 3K K-onnection tour between Maiskogel and Kitzsteinhorn offers a new challenge. This route, which can be taken in both directions, leads 12 kilometres through high alpine terrain and connects Kaprun's two local mountains.
All bike tours and trails on the Kitzsteinhorn and Maiskogel can be perfectly combined with cable cars, as the bikes can easily be taken along for uphill or downhill rides.
- 3 freeride trails (12 km downhill and 1,500 altitude metres) on the Kitzsteinhorn
- Bike Info Points at the access points to the freeride routes
- Uphill tour from the Kaprun Center lower terminus via the Maiskogel to the Alpincenter
- E-bike charging station at the Restaurant Gletschermühle and at the Maisi Alm
- Wash points: at both valley stations, the MK Maiskogelbahn Stanger station and at Langwied
- Maiskogel-Trail – ideal for downhill beginners